Commitment to Compliance
View the monthly monitoring data reports:
As part of the Consent Decree, King America agreed to fund a series of “supplemental environmental projects” totaling $1 million. Georgia EPD selected the following three projects, which will provide direct benefit to the Ogeechee River:
May 2011 Ogeechee River Fish Kill
- EPD’s statement that the Ogeechee River is safe for swimming, boating, and fishing.
- EPD’s statement that fish caught in the Ogeechee River are safe to eat.
- EPA’s June 3, 2011 report that explains that the fish died of a bacterial disease called Columnaris.
- Georgia’s Wildlife Resource Division report that describes the fish kill.
- EPD’s June 6, 2012 statement that the 2012 Fish Kill was not caused by King America.
Georgia Environmental Protection Division
View the EPD’s Ogeechee River White Paper
Frequently Asked Questons
View the Frequently Asked Questions